Comanche | Texas
As we pulled into our very first RV site we were so nervous and truly clueless on how it was going to go. Comanche, Texas was our first stop and it still holds such a special place in our heart. Our first stop on our adventure trip and we made memories there to last a lifetime. Little Comanche Texas has character out the wazoo and there were so many little gems around every single corner.
Downtown Comanche is full of charm and the drive through Comanche is surrounded by lush green farm land. I seriously found so many fun places to stop along the way. Please know my recommendations in no way show every single thing you can do in Comanche, just my favorite special gems I found along our travels.
- Brennan Vineyards |Winery : literally right outside of downtown Comanche is Brennan Vineyards. It is a precious restored home turned tasting room and event center. Oh my word, we walked inside and were in awe of the multiple seating areas that boasted so much character. They offer cheese platters and spa days, can this place get any better?|Our Favorites | Comanche Rose(sweet) & Buffalo Roam(red), Times: Wed-Th 12-5 Fri-Sat 12-7
- Sorrels Farms | Shopping : Sorrels Farms is a Pecan farm, down many roads in Comanche you are surrounded by Pecan groves for miles. Sorrels Farms opened up a store front and lets just say they sell a TON more than pecans. I bought ALL of my gifts here for all the birthdays in July. It is absolutely precious AND they have events frequently(one I missed was a grab bag event, first 10 people got a bag and whatever they could fit inside was 35 dollars…worth it!). Times: M-F 9-5, Sat 9-3
- Stone Eagle Beer Garden | Food&Fun : We traveled to Stone Eagle on Karaoke night and we had a blast. All of their appetizers and food comes from the Harvest Restaurant next door. They had multiple beers on draft and rotate them frequently. Also, their space along with multiple buildings next to them are rented for events which is super neat! Times: Thurs-Sat 4pm-12am
- Comanche Mercantile | Shopping : Comanche Mercantile is on the corner of Downtown Comanche. There are handmade items, candy, and more. Both times I went they had tastings of the coffee and crackers that they sold, they both were equally delicious. Times: Tues-Sat 10-6, Sun 1-5
- Farmers Market | Unique finds : This maybe a small farmers market, but man oh man is it mighty. We drove by seeing 10 or so booths, thinking we wouldn’t be able to find much and left with all of our hands loaded down with amazing finds. We bought a handmade cutting board made from scraps of hardwood that is so unique and stunning. We left with homemade jalapeno jelly, red velvet cupcakes, and more. It was a wonderful little market!
Where we stayed: Copperas Creek
We parked our RV here for a couple of weeks. A TON of people come to this park for fishing and boating. There are no trails but plenty of spots to camp and two fishing docks that are usually pretty populated. The people at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful the entire time!
Favorite spots : Site 11-13 right on the water.
Internet: NO Verizon, AT&T w/ booster 3 bars
Comanche holds a special place in my heart because it was the start at our RV journey. I hope this guide helps you experience these special places as well if you are just passing through or plan to camp.
Here is to unravelling this life we live one adventure at thyme.